Besides fundamental fluctuations in daily measurement values, fluctuations may also arise due to changes in the water content due to the consumption of food and liquids, menstruation, illness, exercise, and bathing.
Implausible results may occur among
- persons with fever, edema, or osteoporosis
- persons in dialysis treatment
- persons taking cardiovascular medicines
- pregnant women
- athletes with intensive training exceeding 10 hours each week and a resting pulse rate of less than 60/min
- professional athletes and body builders
- youth under the age of 17
- persons of the Asian and African population group.